PE and Sports Premium
What is the PE and Sport Premium?
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue this funding until 2020.
The funding can be used to support the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
At Ickford we are committed to giving children the opportunity to experience a range of physical activities and sporting experiences that we believe will help them to make choices in leading healthy and active lifestyles. We try to ensure that every child is active each day including; before learning starts through our 'Wake n Shake' routines, through positive playtime experiences and the use of 'Huff n Puff ' equipment or our climbing wall, through the taught PE curriculum provision and through the many co-curricular clubs on offer before, during and after school.
Some of the co-curricular clubs currently on offer during the year are:
- Street Dance
- Athletics and Running
- Tag Rugby
We also try to broaden the children's horizons by ensuring that the children in Year 5 and 6 attend an annual residential visit alternating in France and England and through attending sporting events.
For an update on the impact our PE premium please view the attachment below: